Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow being a centric organization which is focused on stakeholder’s well-being. During the tough times of Covid-19, Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow Alumni Relations Committee, reached out to our alumni network through our Seven Alumni Chapters and delivered 3rd Knowledge Series on Behavioral Finance.
The session was conducted under the guidance of Dr. Kavita Pathak (Director - Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow) and Dr. Manisha Seth (Chair - Alumni Relations Committee) and was coordinated & supported by Mr. Nitin Mohan (AM, Alumni Relations Committee) along with Alumni Chapter Presidents i.e., Mr. Vinay Singh Pundir (Mumbai), Mr. Akash Deep Saxena (Lucknow), Mr. Amit Kumar Jena (Kolkata), Mr. Abhinav Purwar (Bangalore), Mr. Avnish Kumar Johari (Delhi), Mr. Sandeep Verma (Hyderabad) and Mr. Faseeh Elahi (International).
The session was conducted on 25th April 2020 (Saturday) wherein more than 35 alumni working with corporates worldwide attended the session.
The session on Behavioral Finance and its Applications by our alumni, Mr. Vinay Singh Pundir (1995-97 Batch), GM, Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. & President, Mumbai Alumni Chapter was highly power packed and very well done!
Behavioural Finance for investment keen audience, topics covering biases, heuristic, information asymmetry, social noise, how all this impacts self-learning, DIY generation in investment, the larger picture assessment in simple ways. Simple finance of investment to avoid generic mistakes that we do unknowingly. Pricing and Valuations for Practical applications of small investors. The key areas of session on Behavioural Finance shall be as follows:
· Mental Accounting and 2 Pocket Theory – objective definition of investment
· Illusion and delusion of investment Decisions
· Loss Aversion application in day to day decisions
· Heuristics and Biases that influence our decision making process
· Repeated mistakes in investment
· Correlation v/s extrapolation v/s cause and effect – for analysis understanding
· Key checkpoints for Stock Selection
· 4 Basic elements of stock selection for investments in equity